canon i865 and win xp installation

automan 20:38 09 Jul 04

i am trying to install my brand new canon i865 printer but the compuer cannot find the files

If i canel and continue setup the driver will not install. i have even downloaded the driver from the website with no avail.I have disabled my norton antivirus, and tried installing in safe mode. please help

Djohn 20:55 09 Jul 04

I think you will need to un-install the printer from control panel if it's there plus any mention of software then disconnect the printer from the PC.
Reboot and install the software first, connecting the printer when requested to do so by the setup program. j.

automan 21:11 09 Jul 04

not solved. any other ideas

Djohn 21:45 09 Jul 04

Not sure on this as I can't find any reference to the file requested. I have the i850 with XP and it installs instantly.

I have just un-installed my printer and drivers, rebooted and installed again to see if I could find a clue but can't see anything except that you may be installing from the wrong language! It's a wild guess but can't think of what else to say. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…