Canon i865 Status Monitor not working

Marino5549 09:55 29 Jan 06

The Status Monitor on my Canon i865 inkjet printer has stopped informing me how much ink is in my cartridges. Just before Christmas the quality of black text in my documents was awful and I couldn't understand why. I checked my status monitor and it was showing all my ink tanks as being full but the black text ink was awful. I had run out of text black ink and this resulted in me having to buy a new printhead for the printer as the printhead was damaged by being operated with no ink in one of its tanks. My status monitor will not show the levels of ink in my printer now. Even if the ink tank is empty it displays them all as still being full. I've uninstalled the printer fully then re-installed it but the status monitor is still faulty. I'm at a loss to know how to resolve this. Anyone got any ideas please?

STREETWORK 10:07 29 Jan 06

If you are using 3rd party cartridges it may stop the monitor from working, common fault. If they are canon cartridges try and clean the contacts between the chip on the cartridge and the printer with alcohol on a cotton bud. Also download the latest monitor from canon website.

Marino5549 10:11 29 Jan 06

Thanks for this. I am using a 3rd party cartridge but I've been using them for ages and the status monitor has coped with them. It's only recently that it's stopped letting me know that the ink is getting low. I've also gone onto the Canon website but can find nothing about the status monitor or how to update it. I'm currently running the 1.73 version of the status monitor but can't find an upgrade on the Canon site.

chub_tor 12:05 29 Jan 06

I have an i865 with the latest driver 1.73 and it doesn't use chipped cartridges so there are no contacts to clean on the cartridge.
Have you tried removing the printer via Control Panel Printers & other hardware/Printers & Faxes/Rt Click Delete and also removing Canon i865 from Control Panel/Add & Remove programs and then rebooting and re-installing the 1.73 driver? This should re-install the Status Monitor.

Marino5549 09:32 01 Feb 06

I've uninstalled the printer several times and re-installed it again, always using the latest 1.73 driver. The problem is not that the status monitor isn't there or is not working at all, it's there when I click on it, it's just that it's not displaying the amount of ink in the cartridges. The cartridges are always shown as being full. I've bought a complete new set of cartridges and they're clean, I bought a new print head in late December and that's also totally clean. I just don't know why the status of the ink is not shown correctly. I've done all the things mentioned above, the printer works fine, the new printhead works fine, the only trouble is that the status monitor doesn't show the amount of ink in the cartridges. I think I'm just going to have to live with this one and periodically take out each ink cartridge and check its ink status manually. Many thanks for all your help.

chub_tor 14:43 01 Feb 06

Why not give the support centre a call or fax and see if they can advise.

Canon U.K. Ltd
Woodhatch
Reigate
Surrey
RH2 8BF

Telephone (0)1737 220000

Fax (0)1737 220022

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…