Canon i865 inkjet printer problem

welford 22:25 10 Dec 03

my recently purchased Canon printer has a problem which Canon cannot seem to resolve. I use it for Graphics especially Adobe Indesign 2 and Microsft publisher. On using their templates and my own designs for greeting cards it refuses to centre the output . The margins though set to be equal always print out with differing dimensions. My previous printer an Epson did it perfectly as does my other attached printer an HP4L laser. I have followed all of Canon,s recommendations without success. Now they want me to sent it to the other end of the country for REPAIR at my expense - this after less than 1 months use!! I feel totally dischuffed. Being a pensioner on a very modest income I cannot waste more money than I already have re paper and inks etc. trying to resolve this problem.

Help anybody?

hugh-265156 02:44 11 Dec 03

not sure.i use an epson printer and if i select and set the page set up and print properties from within a web browser or program like paintshop,when i print they are not as i selected.

try accessing the printer defaults from:"control panel/printers and faxes" and set up your defaults here.

minter 10:20 11 Dec 03

Have just run a quick test with Publisher.

I have i965 - noticed that top and left margins are about two-thirds the other two sides.

Tried "fit to page printing" and "normal" both giving idetical results.

Have just got my printer, and now you have me worried, as I use Publisher a lot, and likewise have just changed from an Epson.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…