Canon I850 - Stops printing halfway down a page

machins 10:25 18 Apr 03

Having just purchased the Canon I850 Bubblejet printer (on the 'recommendation' of PC Advisor!) I must say I am delighted with the performance.
I have been trying to print out several pages of colour photos and after printing 2 or 3 pages with no problems it then stops halfway down the page with the message 'Invalid access to memory location'

Anyone have any ideas please?

I have downloaded the latest driver fron Canons website but not yet installed it

hmmm 00:01 08 Jun 03

NB: we have already mentioned the problem we found in our earlier tests on the S520 and S750 where there were sometimes quite lengthy pauses in printing at mid-page which could double the speed otherwise expected. This is also true of the i850, but we discovered the reason for it. The printers are deliberately bridled to prevent the ink from flowing from one page to the next. This function can be deactivated via the driver in Windows 98 and earlier. In Windows XP, you have to go to Settings/ Printers. In the Device Properties, click on the Maintenance tab, then Custom Settings and uncheck "Set printer to ECP mode." The printer will then run at top speed. This is how we tested the i850.

hmmm 00:02 08 Jun 03

can u check the remaining ink in your printer through the software. Mine shows full where as it is really 75% empty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac