Canon i455 printer. Status monitor messages.

Davith 15:24 05 Jan 08

Canon i455 printer. After powering on the ready light flashes orange. Status monitor message shows "Used ink tank nearly full, press button to continue". Pressing button allows printing to continue. I believe this is a job for the Canon workshop unless anybody can enlighten me otherwise!!

Clapton is God 15:29 05 Jan 08

"Are you sure the message isn't "used ink tank nearly empty"?

Which would make more sense and indicates that it's time to get your wallet out.

Davith 15:48 05 Jan 08

Canon i455 printer. After powering on the ready light flashes orange. Status monitor message shows "Used ink tank nearly full, press button to continue". Pressing button allows printing to continue. I believe this is a job for the Canon workshop unless anybody can enlighten me otherwise!!

Davith 15:51 05 Jan 08

Correction of my origional . Thanks CLAPTON you spotted my error.

Canon i455 printer. After powering on the ready light flashes orange. Status monitor message shows "Used ink tank nearly empty, press button to continue". Pressing button allows printing to continue. I believe this is a job for the Canon workshop unless anybody can enlighten me otherwise!!
Looks like Clapton thinks so too!!!

Clapton is God 15:55 05 Jan 08

No, I don't think it's a job for the Canon workshop, it's time to buy a new ink cartridge.

Davith 09:59 06 Jan 08

Checked message again and definatly shows USED ink tank nearly FULL. Contacted Canon apparently there is a sponge which absorbed used ink presumably after cartridge cleaning and this get full after a period. There is no method for emptying/resetting mechenism short of the Canon Agents workshop. Quote from them is approx £60.00 + vat + P&P so may as well junk it and get a new printer.

clayton 10:19 06 Jan 08

I had the same problem with my canon i865, i cleaned the sponge myself.

click here

Al94 10:21 06 Jan 08

This works on some Canon i models, maybe worth a try?

1. Press and hold the POWER button
2. Turn off the printer by disconnecting the printer power cable,
3. turn on the printer, still holding the POWER button
The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
6. Release both buttons.
7. Reconnect the printer cable.
8. And it should be reset.

clayton 10:23 06 Jan 08

You might find a code for your printer here also

click here

Davith 16:45 06 Jan 08

Thanks for suggestions. I had not realised that the orange resume lamp flashing was a diagnostic code. I have tried various combinations as suggested to clear the problem of no avail. The orange lamp still flashes 7 times which I presume is used ink tank nearly full code. I willlive with it until the printer packs up completly, then have a go at the cleaning methods suggested o some of the links you both suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…