Canon FC220

Topsee 15:07 03 Apr 05

I have been given a copier called Canon FC220 and a load of adaptors which may or may not go with it.

Does anyone have any idea whether this machine will be compatible with my Windows 98 SE computer system? And how old is it?

My computer system specs are: Athlon XP2800; 256MB RAM; Foxconn motherboard (part of Novatech barebones system); 40GB Hard Disk drive.

Thankyou.

TomG 15:33 03 Apr 05

Have you seen this?

click here

I'm not sure that it is intended to work with a pc seems that its a stand alone copier

TomG 15:34 03 Apr 05

Have you seen this?

click here

I'm not sure that it is intended to work with a pc seems that its a stand alone copier

TomG 15:34 03 Apr 05

Have you seen this?

click here

TomG 15:39 03 Apr 05

sorry - dont know what happened there!!!

Topsee 15:48 03 Apr 05

Thanks, yes..I've already discovered that but cannot find when it was built or how relevant it is to today's equipment.

pj123 15:51 03 Apr 05

As TomG says it is purely a photocopier. I have one and it is absolutely nothing to do with computers whatsoever. I have had mine for about 6 years now and I bought it secondhand. Mind you the toner lasts a long time. I have only just had to change the toner on mine yesterday. So looks like another 6 years use out of it at least.

pj123 15:59 03 Apr 05

Topsee, it isn't relevant at all to today's equipment. It is just a simple black and white photocopier. Any of today's scanners will do photocopies and in colour, albeit a bit slower. and they start from around £35. I paid £100 for my Canon 6 years ago so you have done better than me. Just use it to make copies of anything you have to fill in and send back. That's all I use mine for.

Topsee 16:11 03 Apr 05

Thanks a lot, that has resolved my problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…