canon device driver

jimmer409? 19:09 21 Nov 03

running xp, have canon 850i connected via usb2, can't find printer properties anywhere, want to check for the latest current driver to see if i need to update. hope someone knows what i mean, the printer is not in device manager nor can i find the propertied in control panal, any help appreciated.

A_World_Maker 19:23 21 Nov 03

Does the printer work? If so, then it maybe running a windows driver, try going to the canon website and installing the latest driver... did the printer come with any software? have you installed this?.. if you have, does it not appear in the 'Start...Programmes' list?

A_World_Maker 19:34 21 Nov 03

try downloading the driver from here click here

jimmer409? 20:23 21 Nov 03

please you don't understand, i know how to download new drivers, etc. but where do you put them if you can't find the device properties. and you also need to know if they a re the latest. have a canon lide 30 on usb, in the start programs/device manager/ control panal, but not the i850????

Como2 20:27 21 Nov 03

jimmer409?

Click start button, open contol panel, click on Printers and faxes, click on on veiw installed printers or fax printers.

You should see a icon for your printer, right click and open properties from the menu that appears, one of the tabs at the top of the properties screen should give the driver version. On my printer (not a Canon) it is called version information.

Check the Canon web site as given by A_World_Maker above to see if there is a later driver. Add the site to your favorites.

toxin 21:29 21 Nov 03

Hi Jimmer409?

I have a Canon BJC8200; which is what the i850 was developed from; I don't think your printer is installed correctly.

The latest driver according to Canon UK is v1.62.

Canon recommends installing software before the printer is connected. making sure it's switched OFF and the USB cable disconnected. Once the software is installed, and when the USB cable is connected, Windows should automatically find it and the printer will be installed.

Update drivers from Canon usually come in the form of an *.exe file which when DClicked will install the new driver. no matter where the file is.

Hope this helps. Toxin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…