Canon camera - PURPLE fringing

RKMonty 12:27 23 Jul 04

Would be greatful of any comments....some reviews say that Canon a70, A75 and A80 for example can show 'purple fringing' on some shots.....have any users come across this...is it that bad...??
Canon have sold a few of these...so it can't be that bad can it ???.

Also I notice they have a A85 out now !!...more confusion on which one to buy !!

I await as usual your valuable comments. Thanks.

paddy75 12:40 23 Jul 04

R K Monty i have put a link here to an excellent photographic site.Hope this helps Paddy....click here

2neat 12:41 23 Jul 04

I have an a70. Yes you can get this on some shots. In bright light around roof tops, trees etc. Its not that bad. They are always bringing out new models, go for the a75. We have one at work. Its a few more features than the 70. You will be pleased with the results.

hssutton 12:43 23 Jul 04

Purple fringing (C/A) is a problem with most digicams and Canon are no worse than other make and a lot better than most. Probably most of the time you will not see any, and when it is apparent can usually be resolved in Photoshop.

I would suggest you forget all about CA and buy the Canon that suits you, cost wise & feature wise.

jack 14:00 23 Jul 04

Purple fringing is as already stated a minor problem and correctable in your favourite picture editor, Othe optical and electronic
fault occur in all cameras - it all a trade off
Price/features/ etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…