Canon Camera Installation

Pucky 16:13 27 Sep 03

I have intalled the software for a Canon Powershot G3 digital camera onto my computer. When I plugged the camera in for the first time I was informed that I missing a file called usbscan.sys. I searched my XP installation disc but could not find the file. A friends laptop has the file on it. Is there someway I can transfer the file over.

anchor 17:27 27 Sep 03

If both machines have a floppy disc drive, then you could copy it over using a floppy. It is very small.

Jack D 17:40 27 Sep 03

If the laptop doesn't have a floppy drive you could probably use email.

woodchip 18:15 27 Sep 03

You should not have loaded the XP drivers from disc, you should have loaded the ones you got with the camera when it asked for the windows disc

Alan2 18:17 27 Sep 03

Did you install Canon's bundle of software before you connected the camera? All relevant files would be included.

TommyRed 19:14 27 Sep 03

Try re-installing the software, I had to do this for my FUJI digicam to operate properly and view the images. Whatever file it's asking for must surely be on the Canon disk. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…