Canon bjc620 waste ink res

tbird 09:33 03 Sep 03

the printer shows that the waste ink reservoir is full but can only be emptied by a canon service engineer why is that?

Joe McG 09:38 03 Sep 03

tbird,

this may help you. click here

Jester2K II 10:42 03 Sep 03

All lights are flashing, and page 77 of manual gives error message "Waste Ink Tank Warning".

In 99% of cases, the following procedure will work:

Switch printer off.
Switch off at mains plug.
Hold down PRINT MODE/FORM FEED/POWER buttons simultaneously.
Switch mains plug back on.
This should totally reset the machine. If this does not work, then machine needs to be serviced

tbird 12:14 03 Sep 03

the on screen icon suggests that the print head is naff, I thing it may be due to me filling the black cartridge with non Canon ink what do you think

Wak 20:18 03 Sep 03

I don't think filling the cartridge with non-canon ink will make the slightest difference.
I refilled my Canon cartridges about 40 times and they were still OK.
However, My Canon eventually said that it's ink tank was full and the cost of repair was not worth the expense so I drilled into the tank to empty it and it wasn't full at all.
Further examination found that the Power supply unit (where the mains lead plugs in) had gone open circuit (transformer gone Kaput, I suppose).

wee eddie 21:14 03 Sep 03

It may help, or you may be able to find one specific to your printer.

click here

tbird 23:37 10 Sep 03

I took the 620 to bits, (I can explain how I did it if there is an interest) and found the waste print res, it's just 2 foam pads that absorb the waste ink, I cleaned them both out, dried them, then put them back and hey presto the jobs done, the only problem is that the 620 has developed a fault thaat I will find, but as yet eludes me, it keps on saying that the print head is naff although the print headworks well with the 600 unit, any ideas would be good RK

Simsy 07:49 11 Sep 03

about 2 years ago, and had the same problem with the waste ink res and did some research...

I can't remember the exact details now, but the gist is/was that the message you get, (via flashing lights), that the waste ink reservoir is full comes not from the reservoir itself, but from a counter...

when the printer is set up it counts how much printing it has done, how many times it has been turned on, how many times the ink cartriges have been replaced etc... It uses this information to "calculate" when the waste ink reservoir is full. A "Service Engineer" is needed because it is not just a matter of cleaning the foam sponges... the "counter" has to be reset as well. If the counter is not reset then the printer refuses to print, giving the error message, (again via the flashing light), that the printhead is naff. You can't reset the counter yourself as it's done via a code that's only made available to the Canon engineers.

I suppose it's the same sort of principle that is used in "chipped" cartridges used by other makes of printer. Canons are slightly different because of the seperate printhead.

Good luck!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…