canon bjc2000 no black print

craigy1 15:49 02 Aug 05

Hi, i have got a bjc 2000 printer. It prints out the colour great and tries to print out black. as in you can hear it moving about printing but nothing comes out on the page only the colour.

I have tried cleaning the heads through the pc and have took out the parts and cleaned with remover but it still does not print.
any help would be great

woodchip 15:52 02 Aug 05

Try putting a pin in the top of the cart where you took the tape of there should be a hole for air to get in.

craigy1 16:05 02 Aug 05

have tried that just now. still wont print black. also i got some tissue paper on the black cartridge head and it does seep out.

DieSse 16:11 02 Aug 05

You may need a new print head - they are replaceable - see click here

craigy1 16:16 02 Aug 05

i did think of that but i have only printed about 20 pages!!! also how do the refil kits work. i mean if i am going to buy another print unit how do i get the old on apart to see how full it was or even to refill it?

roygbiv 16:55 02 Aug 05

Most refill kits have instructions for your cart. Or try click here for your model.

roygbiv 18:02 02 Aug 05

dont forget, that , the sponge (inside the cart.) dries up (my experience) very quickly, in warm conditions. Advice to me was to place the cart. over a boiling water(in sa saucer) to get the ink flowing, BUT BE CAREFULL.

DieSse 18:04 02 Aug 05

"i did think of that but i have only printed about 20 pages!!! also how do the refil kits work i mean if i am going to buy another print unit how do i get the old on apart to see how full it was or even to refill it?"

No - I didn't mean an ink tank - I meant a print head - they don't last forever in Canons, and are a customer replaceable item - look in your manual.

craigy1 17:54 03 Aug 05

hello again!!!

well i did look at the print head and its all messy. I have tried cleaning it but then again it might be broken. I looked on the net for a price and was quoted about £35-40. Are they cheaper anywhere else? Or wodul it be better top buy a new printer?

DieSse 18:29 03 Aug 05

£34 including ink tanks click here

£30 here click here

Cleaning cartridge here click here

and here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…