Canon BJC-80 won't print

bart warstein 19:25 13 Nov 06

My BJC-80 feeds paper through, and the print-head cartridge moves as normal, but NO print appears - just a blank page. The printer has parallel connection to computer running XP Pro, and I'm using only BC-10 cart to print black text (not colour). The driver seems OK. After a month or so of non use, the first few prints showed white streaks. After running normal clean and deep-clean, test pages still showed white streaks (and one or two test pages were just horizontal black lines). Then test pages and nozzle check started to come out totally blank. I put in new ink tank: test prints still came out blank (no ink getting on to page at all). So I replaced print head and ink tank. Still no print appears. Yet paper feeds OK, and print head moves back and forth as usual, and the auto self-clean still happens when printer is switched on. The printer hasn't been heavily used or maltreated. What has gone wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…