Canon BJC 600 Printer Power Supply Unit Required

Nitin 02:35 18 Jun 03
  The Spires 09:10 18 Jun 03

Bump

Agent Smith 15:39 18 Jun 03

What is the rating on you adaptor ie 12 volts 2 amps etc? You don't necessarily have to get a canon adaptor.

woodchip 15:56 18 Jun 03

Also does it need a special plug for printer end

pj123 17:09 18 Jun 03

Try your local electrical shop. I bought a Power Adapter from my local electrical shop. it goes from 1.5v to 12v and can be changed from neg to pos earth, and has all the necessary plugs. you don't need to buy a specific product

Nitin 20:50 18 Jun 03

Agent Smith - I am not much of an expert but I am talking about the internal power supply unit which I think says 220-240v 50Hz 0.25amps.

woodchip - No I don't think so. The plug is the 3 pin male.

pj123 - Thanks for your advice but I need the internal power supply unit or something - this is what I have been told by a pc repair firm. They said it was expensive to buy one & the printer not worth repairing. How come they didn,t suggest what you are advising?

wee eddie 22:28 18 Jun 03

The cost in time and labour will far exceed the cost of a new printer.

However, if you find out what output is required you should be able to purchase a suitable external transformer and Hot Wire it.

"Agent Smith - I am not much of an expert but I am talking about the internal power supply unit which I think says 220-240v 50Hz 0.25amps."

I am almost certain that this figure is the recommended Supply Voltage and consumption maximum

Nosmas 00:03 19 Jun 03

I still have my old Canon BJ620 which I replaced with a Canon S520. The reason was that it suddenly refused to feed paper, and the repair shop said it was uneconomic to repair it.

So far as I am aware there was nothing wrong with the electrics, so if this model uses the same internal power supply unit as yours you are welcome to have it and "cannibalise" it to repair your machine. I live in Surrey so could you arrange for it to be collected or otherwise delivered to you?

If you are interested you can email me direct by clicking on the envelope at the side of my user-name.

Agent Smith 16:54 19 Jun 03

Awwe what a nice guy.

Nitin 20:59 19 Jun 03

Agent Smith - You can say that again. He has been in touch with me to arrange everything. Thank you Peter aka Nosmas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…