canon bj-30 help

Robaly 17:53 20 Jan 11

I would be grateful for any help.

My gf has a canon BJ-30 attached to an old laptop (windows 2000). It works fine. Now she wants to run it off a newer laptop.

It has usb pots and run windows XP.

Connecting the BJ-30 with a usb parallel adaptor is good until it prints. About three lines of anything gets printed and then it just freezes. The data symbol is flashing and the numeral 3 is displayed.

I have tried installing a new driver for it but the driver will not install on the laptop.

I would appreciated any help as although the printer is extremely old it still works perfectly and travels well.

The Kestrel 18:41 20 Jan 11

You can down load the BJ30 manual from click here. There is usually a trouble shooting section thta may help with your problem.

You might also need the correct drivers for the laptop with XP. These you can down load from click here

Robaly 23:24 20 Jan 11

Thanks Kestral. Unfortunately the manual is of no help and although I can access the latest driver at Canon, for some reason it will not load - fails at the last moment of installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced