Canon A70 problem

IClaudio 15:37 15 Jul 07

Sorry, not entirely computer-related, but the brain's here collectively the size of a planet, so someone may know!

On power-up, the lens of my Canon opens as usual, but then the camera sits quietly for a few moments, before closing down the lens and beeping. An error message appears briefly on the screen: E18. Presumably this will mean something to a repair engineer.

I'm just about to Google, but thought it would be worth trying here as well.

IClaudio 15:39 15 Jul 07
  Andy1991 15:39 15 Jul 07

we need to know the message, but u can't really work technically with a camera ur self. may need a engineer on it.

Andy1991 15:42 15 Jul 07

Seen it, take this to the consumerwatch section of this site.

IClaudio 15:42 15 Jul 07

The message is that: E18.

If anyone else has this, here's how to deal with it click here

skidzy 15:43 15 Jul 07

E18 (error #18) means the lens did not retract or extend correctly.click here

click here

anchor 16:39 16 Jul 07

On reading the links above it seems to be a common problem.

One small thing, do check that your battery is fully charged and in good condition.

IClaudio 19:47 28 Jul 07

I decided my years-old rechargeables should be pensioned off, so bought some new ones. Hey Presto!, back in business, and no more E18.

However, all this had got me thinking that I should upgrade, so made a completely impulsive trip to Currys today and bought a FujiFilm S5700 for £129.00 click here. I had the bag and card already, but £159 would still be a great bargain.

I'm very happy with it so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…