Canon 850i printer problem

GBL 16:25 22 Jan 08

I have a Canon 850i printer and for some reason it has stopped printing black, it prints the other colours and seems to be OK when performing all the checks, ie head alignment etc, just doesn't loke black.

rawprawn 16:47 22 Jan 08

I assume that you have checked the Black Cartridge to make sure it has ink in and there is no blockage.
Try another Black Cartridge.

GBL 16:58 22 Jan 08

Yes have tried three in all.

terrytezz 19:42 22 Jan 08

Hi don't forget there are two black inks in this printer.

GBL 20:26 22 Jan 08

Where?? I have owned this for several years and have only ever found one black and one of each the three colours, please enlighten me.

Clapton is God 20:35 22 Jan 08

terrytezz is talking out of his/her behind.

The 850i has only one black cartridge.

I had a similar problem with this model recently.

Try washing the cartridge holder through with warm water, dry it thoroughly and try again.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's probably time to buy a new printer (as usual these days, a repair isn't worth the cost).

six-h 20:56 22 Jan 08

maybe like me, terrytezz has the 865i model which does have both BCI3e and a BCI6e black cartridges.
I had a similar problem with the magenta nozzles blocked, and was advised here to stand the print head in a shallow bath of isopropanol for a while rather than water, since the particulates in the water as it evaporates would be like boulders in the microfine spray nozzles!
It worked fine, and took less time to dry out I would imagine.

GBL 22:05 22 Jan 08

I will give the cleaning a try, I agree about not getting it repaired but before it goes to the recycling tip I will try to give it a once over. Thanks again.

clayton 23:50 22 Jan 08

When the printhead went on my canon I865 i could of got a new printer but i decided to purchase a new head so im still paying about 68p for carts :)

six-h 00:23 23 Jan 08

>>When the printhead went on my canon I865 i could of got a new printer but i decided to purchase a new head so im still paying about 68p for carts :)<<

Where?
I thought I'd got a good deal with Choice Stationery, but their prices were more than that, and going up I believe!..:-(

GBL 08:40 23 Jan 08

Thanks that is worth considering and looking into.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…