CANON 8000 F SCANNER

GARVINO 09:55 12 Oct 05

I have a CANON 8000F scanner and cannot get the drivers to install. I use windows xp with all the patches and upgrades. I use mcafee antivirus and have read on another website that antivirus software can inhibit intallation. Without uninstalling the antivirus software has anyone any ideas.Has anyone else a similar problem?

MAJ 10:10 12 Oct 05

You should be able to disable your anti-virus software (and possibly your firewall), rather than uninstalling it, GARVINO. Other than that, what problems are you having when trying to install the drivers? What happens exactly?

As it's a USB device and you're using XP, try loading the drivers from the CD *before* connecting the scanner to the computer. As you have already tried to install the scanner, it might be a good idea to do a System Restore to a time before you attempted the initial installation, that will get rid of any Canon files still on your PC that might be stopping the installation.

GARVINO 10:39 12 Oct 05

Thanks Maj for your speedy response.
I have disabled the firewall in xp. When I install the software the CanonGear driver software does not appear in the add/remove files, all the rest do like tool box etc. I have uninstalled all the Canon software then reinstalled to no avail. I have installed as per instuctions ie installed software and then connect the scanner. The scanner is not recognised by the computer. I appreciate your help.

ventanas 10:55 12 Oct 05

Canon have a utility to properly uninstall their scanners click here for the file.

I just wondered, are you sure you are doing this the right way round. I have three Canon scanners and the way to install is to connect up, switch on and wait for the Found New Hardware dialog to appear. You then insert the disc and install the software then. But things may have changed.

MAJ 10:55 12 Oct 05

The other option is to try and install it using the "Add Hardware" wizard in Control Panel, GARVINO, but I'm surprised that XP doesn't pick up the new hardware when you connect it to the USB port, do you have the scanner's transformer (power supply) is attached correctly? Try opening your graphics program (I'm using Paintshop Pro, so your's might be different), or Canon's scanning software and going to File > Import > Twain > Select Source, see if the scanner is recognised in there.

GARVINO 11:13 12 Oct 05

Thanks Maj and Venetas When I connect scanner and switch on the green light on scanner comes on but no Hardware found message appear. The scanner worked fine until I reinstalled xp latest version with SP 2. I also seem to remember the scanner made a noise of some kind when I switched on, possibly an initialization sound, now there is nothing the scanner appears dead. As I said the green light indicating scanner is connected comes on as does the light inside.

jack 11:57 12 Oct 05

Taking all the above, ha the scanner worked in XP previously?
Or have you had it running in say 98 or ME?
I ask this because many scanner do not transfer from
DOS[98/Me] system to NTFS[XP]

Following on from your earlier thread with regard this device and all the good advice offered above.
I suggest if possible you take the scanner to another computer and try to install it there.
It is possible the device has died.

Sans le Sou 13:04 12 Oct 05

The scangear does not appear in add/remove programmes. All you see is toolbox and manual. As to your problem, suggest you uninstall as advised above and reinstall as per the makers instructions if you have them. I have an 8000f and will look up the proceedure.

Sans le Sou 13:06 12 Oct 05

Have you installed Photo studio that came with the scanner or do you not have the disc.

Sans le Sou 13:17 12 Oct 05

If you have Photostudio click on the scanner button at the top. If you do not have a driver you will get an error message, if all is well the scanner should warm up.

Sans le Sou 13:30 12 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…