cann't download / open pdf files

taffhughes 20:00 28 Apr 04

Can anyone suggest how I can open pdf files.
When I click on a pdf link all I get is a blank screen, and the page has a done in the bottom left hand corner

grey george 20:06 28 Apr 04

Do you have the abode reader installed?
Even so it can take a very long time for a pdf file to open even though the browser says it's done.
It slow on broadband so on a dial up it glacial

dez fowler 20:35 28 Apr 04

right click the link to the pdf and select Save Target As to download it to your hard disk. That way you'll get a progress bar so you know how long it will take. Once downloaded you can open it in Acrobat Reader or IE if you have the plugin installed (which it sounds like you do).

stalion 20:41 28 Apr 04

you do not have adobe reader click here Regards

Wak 20:50 28 Apr 04

Hi, Adobe Reader installs plug-ins into Internet Explorer so that you can download and read PDF files in IE.
However, if you ever update Internet Explorer in any way, then it is possible that the updates will remove these Adobe plug-ins.
Therefore, you must re-install Adobe again after you have updated IE. so that the plug-ins are re-installed on top of IE.
You should then be able to download and read PDF files.
It's just a great pity that Adobe and Microsoft can't get together on this point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…