Cannt Access Tools IN IE6

Limehouse 16:26 30 Oct 03

I cannot access Tools/Internet Options in IE6, I get a message saying "This option has been cancelled due to restrictions im effect on this computer. Please contact you system administrator". I am using XP Home, with only one Admin account, which is me, and I am logged on as Admin. Any Ideas Please.

woodchip 16:29 30 Oct 03

Yes look in the Control Panel for internet options

spikeychris 16:33 30 Oct 03

No browser options.

Open Regedit and search for NoBrowserOptions and remove it.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Restrictions

spikeychris 16:57 30 Oct 03

Thanks Woodchip that worked a treat...or nice one Chris sorted....either would of done.

Limehouse 17:03 30 Oct 03

Okay fair comment, and Im sorry if I appeared rude, but I was concentrating on the problem (see my other posting re PCA Homepage) that I'm trying to resolve. I hope I didn't cause offence and if I did it wasn't intentional. Have a nice day and thanks to you both for your constructive suggestiond. James

spikeychris 17:07 30 Oct 03

OK now I feel bad. :o)

BTW was it the reg hack?

Limehouse 17:12 30 Oct 03

No, after I posted I remembered that I had activated some security settings in SpyBot S&D and after I reset them and rebooted I had access to the tools option again. But thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…