Cannot write to replacement CRW

splatterpuss 21:16 09 Jun 03

Windows 98SE
Removed Philips CDRW cos it went mechanically wonky.
Installed ASUS CRW-5224A. Windows self installed drivers as expected from instructions.
Adaptec CreateCD wouldn't recognise ASUS for writing. Tried to install NERO to see if it recognised ASUS. One part won't install cos says I must uninstal Adaptec CDwriter. This I have now done but it still gives the same error message.
I have additionally deleted all visible Adaptec files. I have also looked in the Registry and it identified about 18 entries for CDwriter.
Anyone know what is going on here? Should I just reinstall Adaptec stuff, clear Registery, or what?

wobblymike 22:45 09 Jun 03

had a similar problem - this is what I did.
1, Uninstalled Adaptec and deleted all registry entries (go to Start, Run, regedit) then delete all adaptec entries.

2. Uninstall Nero and delete all entries to it (normally in the Ahead Folder)in the registry.

3. Reinstall Nero, you might want to get the latest download form the NERO website as long as you know your code key you can do this. If you dont know the key you can find it in the registry under HKEY - Local Machine - Software - Ahead
(obviously do this before deleting the Ahead folders in step 2)

4. That fixed the problem for me - hope it helps

splatterpuss 21:41 10 Jun 03

Didn't have the courage till you told me wobblymike. Thanks. All works ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…