Cannot write to my cd writer

alanharg 14:23 25 Jul 04

I cannot save files to a blank cd. Windows won't access the drive saying the drive is inaccessible - incorrect function. And nero comes up with an error stating that the drive is in use by another application.

Can anyone help?

I am running Windows XP and nero 6.0.

Graham ® 14:35 25 Jul 04

Anything in Device Manager?

BurrWalnut 14:52 25 Jul 04

Check that the CD-RW drive is set up to write. In My Computer, right click on the CD-RW drive and select Properties, Recording Tab and check that CD recording is enabled. It should be there by default but it's worth checking if you're having problems. If it's not there go to Device Manager, right click it and uninstall it. Reboot and let Windows find and reinstall it. Now check again that CD recording is enabled.

It's worth cleaning the CD lens as well.

Also, on WinXP, try Start, Administrative Tools, Services and find IMAPI CD Burning..... and start it running.

SANTOS7 14:53 25 Jul 04

click here this may help,good luck

alanharg 14:56 25 Jul 04

I have a dvd writer and a cd rewriter. Both of which are correctly identified in my device manager. Both devices play back CD's without any problems. The two devices were on the same cable as master and slave. But I have now changed them both to slaves to my two hard drives to see if it solved the problem. But I still can't copy to a blank CD.

alanharg 15:37 25 Jul 04

Many thanks for your help. As I did not have a recording tab, deleting the device driver did the trick and I can now save my files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…