cannot write to fat

terence-238173 17:34 09 Nov 03

I can't load windows xp.When I access the recovery console to reinstall windows I get an unrecoverable error.I cant boot in safe mode or last known good config.I have tried formatting,writing zeros to the hard drive and deleting the c partition but nothing happens.I have a bad sector and cannot write to fat.Anyone have any ideas,I am stumped.
ATHLON 2600+ ALTHOUGH THE BIOS FLAGS IT AS ~1250,150gig hard drive 1024 meg ram .Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks lobby464

spikeychris 17:40 09 Nov 03

Have you tried Chkdsk ? Its more than likely too late as the drives integrity will now be shot. How did you attempt the format?

DieSse 18:24 09 Nov 03

If the drive has a bad sector, then you should be thinking about getting it replaced.

You should try the manufacturers diagnostics first, including a zero-fill to reset the drive completely. Beware, it takes a very long time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…