Cannot view video in You tube using IE7

rawprawn 16:44 12 Dec 07

Opera and Firefox are OK, but with IE I get the message Either Java Script is disabled or Get latest Adobe Flash Player. Java is enabled I I have the latest Flash Player.
It must be in the settings somewhere, but I'm darned if I can find it.
I also use IE& Pro

Technotiger 16:49 12 Dec 07

Hi, I had exactly the same problem with IE7, tried just about everything but gave up in the end and reverted to IE6. Still using IE6 and FF2, both of which are ok with videos.

rawprawn 16:55 12 Dec 07

Hi Technotiger, really weird. I am using Vista so going to IE6 is not really an option.It is strange but I have never noticed it before, perhaps I have always used either Opera or Firefox when I have visited the site before but I really don't know.

anskyber 16:57 12 Dec 07

Might be worth uninstalling Flashplayer using the Adobe tool and reinstalling it?

I get You Tube fine on IE7.

anskyber 16:58 12 Dec 07

I'm on Vista too.

Technotiger 17:01 12 Dec 07

I'm using XP.

mfletch 17:01 12 Dec 07

I had the same problem,

It was something to do with Adobe flash player,

The latest one works OK

click here

mfletch

rawprawn 17:02 12 Dec 07

I will try your suggestion

rawprawn 17:30 12 Dec 07

Failed with both mfletch & anskyber suggestions, I can't really understand it. However I will keep "Tinkering" and see if I can solve the problem. If not then I will have a night at the Opera.

anskyber 17:41 12 Dec 07

Is Java enabled in IE7 advanced options?

rawprawn 18:00 12 Dec 07

Yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…