Cannot view Video With Widows Media Player.

Baskerville 16:03 19 Jun 06

Hi All,

XP User.

After taking a Video with my Digital Camera I cannot get the Video to play on Windows Media Player, it will play the audio but no images are showing.
Real Player will play them but I don't like Real Player!
I have downloaded the Media Player 11 Beta thinking it could be a codec problem as when Media Player attempts to play a video file I get the message downloading codec and then error downloading codec then the audio plays fine but no Video? it only happens with my digital camera as anything else plays fine anybody any suggestions ?
Thanks for any help,

Baskerville

Totally-braindead 16:32 19 Jun 06

Do you know what sort of file the video camera creates? I can only imagine that the problem is media player doesn't support it. If you can tell us the type of file it is then perhaps someone can give you info as to where to get the codec.

Baskerville 16:41 19 Jun 06

In the book it just says Quick Time Motion JPEGs

Thanks,
Baskerville

ade.h 17:00 19 Jun 06

You cannot natively play Quicktime files in WMP, but there is no doubt a 3rd-party codec at click here. Better that than actually have to use Quicktime!

Totally-braindead 17:04 19 Jun 06

My last camera was an Olympus and if I remember rightly it created Quicktime files and I couldn't use media player to view them. Perhaps things are different now I don't know because I have a different camera.
I don't suppose theres an option in the menu of the camera to choose what type of files the camera creates when videoing is there?

pj123 17:34 19 Jun 06

Download JetAudio 6 for free from:

click here scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Basic Download.

I have not found anything it won't play (yet?).

Baskerville 21:05 19 Jun 06

Downloaded Jetaudio 6 and Quicktime player but still not working correctly, thing is when viewing the Video on the Camera it is perfect but using the above apps it is jerky and jumping about and it freezes.
I will shoot another video tomorrow and see what that does.
Nothing in the Camera instructions to change or alter, if anybody knows anything about the Panasonic Lumix FZ30 have you had trouble ?

Baskerville.

ashdav 00:33 20 Jun 06

click here
download it and use MediaPlayer Classic as your default player. It plays everything from avis to DVDS and streamed files on the internet.
Highly recommended.

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:50 20 Jun 06

Qick time alternative is very good and not a big prog.
click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:51 20 Jun 06

ashdav sorry not read your "click here"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017