cannot view any web pages

citadel 23:41 28 Dec 04

I have a new computer that cannot access any web pages. When I connect windows shows that I am connected to btsurftime247 and I an recieving and sending bytes at 46667 bps. IE6 says page unavailable. I have installed firefox, but this cannot access any pages, saying page can not be found. Norton live update can not retrieve any updates. Norton has reported blocking a trojan so I must be connected to the net.
I am using windows xp with sp2 and ie6 pre-installed on the computer. I have disabled windows firewall and am using norton av and firewall.

Djohn 00:12 29 Dec 04

Have you allowed your firewall to give IE or firefox access to the net?

citadel 23:35 30 Dec 04

Norton firewall repoted that it had auto created rules for ie6 and firefox.

jorel 23:54 30 Dec 04

Hi Citadel, I had the same problem with Norton. It got that the only way I could connect to the internet was disable Norton, log on the internet, and as soon as my browser window loaded restart Norton again. Eventually it took over completely and point blank refused to let me connect or browse any which way. In the end I had to ditch Norton and use Sygate Personal firewall (which is a freebee and seems to work well).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…