cannot view adobe downloads on web

morris948 18:08 23 Sep 03

Hi
i went to a web site where i was prompted to click to download adobe document,the screen opened and the taskbar showed that the download in progress but all i get is a white screen with a small box with a red cross in the top left hand side, the explorer icon in the taskbar shows 'done' next to it, so i presume it downloaded something, if i right click to view properties it has a file size (approx 90K) but i cant see anything --Why?,

i see the same thing happen often when viewing web sites like savastore.com where the small pictures and icons for special offers are just red crosses in a box.

Im running Win XP pro, adobe acrobat5 (full version) IE6, security is set to medium

morris948 18:24 23 Sep 03

this is the site im trying to view
click here

VoG II 18:30 23 Sep 03

I get This file is damaged and is being repaired. Then Internet Explorer stops responding.

morris948 18:45 23 Sep 03

Not sure what your answer means vog! but i got a reply from the web administrator of that site and he said he checked the links and they work fine,so i guess somethings not setup right on my pc.
what can it be??

leo49 18:50 23 Sep 03

Colchester B. C

List of weekly Planning Applications Registered.

Opens no problem

VoG II 18:51 23 Sep 03

I've just tried your link again and got an Adobe Reader error message,

There is something wrong with the link or the .pdf file that it links to.

VoG II 18:52 23 Sep 03

Works for me in Opera but not IE.

leo49 18:53 23 Sep 03

Opened for me in IE.

morris948 18:59 23 Sep 03

OK you lucky people who can view it, now whats wrong with my setup?? i have viewed several other threads with similar issues and checked the security levels and deleted the temp internet files but i still cant open it aaaaargh!

dfghjkl 19:51 23 Sep 03

have you got kazaa?

morris948 10:30 24 Sep 03

I decided to remove adobe acrobat5 and reload it.
It works properly now, why i will never know what went wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…