Cannot use internet over a correctly setup router

ShanghaiDave 18:41 04 Sep 04

I have recently brought a d-link dsl-g604t router. After spending most of yesterday setting it up I successfully entered my isp details and it connected to my isp. (I have since checked this by entering incorrect details and the status does change thus I assume the modem is not faulty). I have also managed to get the wireless function working perfectly and in my browser I can access the setup via wireless and Ethernet by going to click here. However no browser (tried firefox and internet explorer) will allow me to surf any websites. I have tried various settings in each browser and the router itself and none seem to make any difference. However what is worth noting I have a mail server and for some odd reason at certain points in time it was able to download the odd email from the net.

Also in my network connections area an internet gateway does appear which to me seems as if the internet should be working. I have looked on the d-link website but after searching google my opinion of the company is very low. Their website also has no customer support or even a forum from what I can tell and the only form of help is an FAQ not even dealing with advanced problems.

Has anyone got any idea of something I may have done wrong in the setup or anything I can do to windows to make it use the router as my internet connection.

It may also be worth noting that I can connect wirelessly to the router and I get no internet even if I am connected to it via Ethernet. So I don't think this is a wireless problem.

Thanks in advance.

ShanghaiDave 18:44 04 Sep 04

Sorry forgot to mention:

MY OS is Windows XP (also tried to access the net on a ME computer with no luck).

zed650 19:20 04 Sep 04

Try these guys here

click here put 604t into the search.

good luck
Z

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…