Cannot upgrade to aol Gold

Zebrapec 22:23 19 Sep 05

I am having trouble connecting my router to aol, so I thought I would upgrade to Gold, get a faster line, more help , and because my daughter has just gone to uni. network her Laptop. Well what a mess, no one mentions when you buy all this stuff that if your telephone line is 'not up to it' you,according to bt and aol cannot network!How true this is I do not know because as mentioned previous I cannot get the darn thing working. However, I am sure of one thing, aol would not pass the oppotunity to take another £7 off me if they could. Help is needed please.

ton 00:50 20 Sep 05

On the AOL homepage go to keyword 'router'.

You will find all you need to know about your router settings.

If your router is not one they recommend, you should be able to work it out from the settings of the others.

One important thing is to set up a screen name for your router (for the router only). Then after the router has connected, you can log on with any OTHER screen names you may have.

Taff36 10:22 20 Sep 05

You`re right both AOL and BT charge extra for supporting wireless modems and it isn`t necessary to pay. They just won`t tell you the correct settings. Go back to your original thread and follow Taran`s advice - I can tell he knows what he`s talking about and he`ll get you going without spending any money. Ignore AOL and don`t upgrade whatever you do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…