Cannot update Kaspersky IS 2009

Bentbolt 17:06 24 May 09

I have downloaded a 41MB update from the Kas. site, namely 8.0.0.506 but when I try to run it a box labeled "NSIS Error" pops up to tell me the installer is corrupted or incomplete. I have taken instruction from Kas. but my version of "Application Data" in All Users does not match what the chap at Kas. told me to do. I have Emailed them again but have not received a reply yet. I don't have a problem with my version of Kas.IS 2009 (which is 8.0.0.357) and have had for 3 months, but the update is certain to further improve an already excellent IS system. Many thanks for any help. Bentbolt.

brundle 17:19 24 May 09

Clear your browser cache and download the file again - or have they already told you to do that? I've installed that version of KIS on a number of machines and never had an installer error, installing as an update or from scratch.

Forum Editor 19:06 25 May 09

from Networking.

mfletch 19:21 25 May 09

Use the update within the program right click on the Kaspersky icon
update

Muergo 20:22 25 May 09

Download HIPPO update checker, has everything for masses of progs, will download and install for you.

MAT ALAN 20:38 25 May 09

This sort of error is related to your firewall turn it off and try again...

Bentbolt 15:53 27 May 09

Thanks to all who have responded to my query. I have tried all your suggestions to no avail. I'm still in communication with KAS. they are telling me to go to C/Documents and Settings/All users/Application Data/Kas.Lab setup Files.The last folder I don't have,just Kaspersky Lab.This does not contain the "setup.exe" file that they want me to click on. Thanks once again. Bentbolt.

brundle 20:49 27 May 09

Delete all the files in the Kaspersky Lab folder. Clear your temporary files too; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…