cannot update graphics driver. no intel(R) adapters present.

emansueto1409 21:29 22 Sep 14

i have just downloaded the sims 4 and need to update my graphics driver but for the love of god i can't work out how to do it. I have an acer aspire notebook 7740G which is running with a graphics driver dated 21/04/2010. i used my dad's laptop which has a 2013 graphics driver and it worked. i have found appropriate download links for the graphics driver i need but it just wont work. it either says my computer doesn't meet the minimum specification or that there's no intel adapters. please help me

Menzie 21:44 22 Sep 14

According to the specs I have found online that laptop has an ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 graphics chip set inside.

The drivers you have downloaded are they for that graphics system?

emansueto1409 21:49 22 Sep 14

i really don't have a clue, i'm not very good with computers. everything i have done so far is just what i could work out and what my friend has tried to help with... :/

alanrwood 11:00 23 Sep 14

Go to Control Panel/Device Manager and look at what is shown under Display Adaptors. That will tell you what graphics system is installed and also you should be able to update it from there.

Woolwell 13:54 23 Sep 14

You can download the drivers from here Acer Support too. You may find that it struggles to play SIMS4 well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced