Cannot Uninstall a Game

In need 04:13 15 Aug 09

The game is GTA: San Andreas, and as you can tell, this topic was posted on a different forum.

First things first, this topic is extending on an earlier one of mine (viewtopic.php?f=64&t=58613, posted on different forums, I reccomend visiting link). I've screwed things up, completely, and as I am terrible with computers, I am unsure of how to continue.
Anyways, as the previous topic states, I attempted to install the LS-RP Modpack (part of an online extension of said game) (read that topic for details), and did something to my computer. Now, I am unable to uninstall the game. I've tried deleting the root folder, accessing the menu that asks if you want to play, and clicking uninstall, but the same picture that is displayed in the previous thread pops up. I can access SA:MP, but cannot go in-game, nor can I play the normal game. Every time, "gta_sa.exe has stopped working" pops up after something about vorbisfile.dll pops up for a second. Any help is appreciated.

johndrew 17:07 15 Aug 09

Have you tried re-installing the game as either a repair or full installation?

If this works you should be able to uninstall normally.

As for the `LS-RP Modpack` perhaps the game`s online forum has details of problems associated with it.

spuds 22:38 15 Aug 09

Not sure its the correct answer, but you could download and run a program called Revo Uninstaller. Thats very good a removing 'left-behind' rubbish. The download might still be available on the Major Geeks or FileHippo websites.

In need 19:16 19 Aug 09

I downloaded Revo Uninstaller, but was unable to find the game on the list.

rdave13 00:08 20 Aug 09

Run system restore to before you downloaded the patch or mod. If sys restore doesn't work in normal mode try in safe mode. click here
If successful try uninstalling the game using it's own uninstaller.

wee eddie 12:02 20 Aug 09

Reinstall the Game and the Patch.

Then use Revo to uninstall the lot.

In need 22:54 20 Aug 09

I virus scanned Revo, and it was unsafe. Does anyone know any better programs?

wee eddie 03:47 21 Aug 09

But this should do the trick.

click here

There should be no problems with software downloaded from them.

What Anti Virus are you using? Maybe it is a false positive.

wee eddie 10:32 21 Aug 09

If you Virus Scan any downloaded program, the AV will say that it is unsafe.

If you think about it, the Scanner is looking for a file that contains executable Software. All a Virus is is a program.

If you are still worried try this: click here It's a great program for speeding up your Hard Drive and shortening your Boot-up times. It's Removal Tool is good, just not quite as good as Revo.

wee eddie 10:40 21 Aug 09

I have not explained how important it is to Install Revo before you "reinstall" the Software you want to ultimately uninstall.

Revo monitors the installation, which is how it knows where everything is that it needs to uninstall. When you reinstall the Program, whose earlier uninstall has gone wrong, the new installation will overwrite the old files (including those that caused the Un-installation to fail) and Revo will then know where they are to Uninstall them thoroughly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced