Cannot uninstall

puma22 17:32 30 Nov 05

Hi, I'm trying to remove a programme called 'docs to go' which is part of palm software. It appears in the uninstal list but refuses to uninstall. Have tried windows and CCleaner.
Any suggestions?
Cheers

woodchip 17:34 30 Nov 05

Have you tried first reload the software? it may make the Uninstaller work. It will only over write whats already on

puma22 17:42 30 Nov 05

Hi woodchip. yes already tried that one. the issue i started with was that the prog seemed to be stopping the palm pilot syncing with the pc. first thing i tried was a reinstall. Thought that it might fix the issue. it didnt so then i thought uninstall - reinstall might help. thats where i'm at but it wont do it :(

woodchip 17:45 30 Nov 05

Try it this way as a Driver may be stopping you. Copy the Program from disc to desktop by right click and drag to desktop, then start in Safe mode and run the setup file from the copy

palinka 18:26 30 Nov 05

try start>search> files and folders. Then type in "docs to go" and see what it finds. if it's anything relevant delete it. But with a title like that it will also "find" every single "Doc" on your computer, so if possible use the "Search Options" of date, type, etc. to narrrow the field a bit.

puma22 20:31 30 Nov 05

I kind of followed Woodchips advice as this got me thinking. I uninstalled the palm desktop which is an accosiated software then it uninstalled OK. Everything is now reinstalled and up and running, so thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…