//some 3rd party need geo

Cannot uninstall

alan227 20:52 21 Jan 05

A friend has installed some software to try it out, and does not want it, so he tried to uninstall it and cannot get rid of it.
Does anyone know of a free download that I can put on a floppy/usb flash drive/cdrw to take to his tomorrow as he is not on the internet, that will remove stubborn programs
He has XP home.

Jackcoms 20:58 21 Jan 05

Try un-installing it manually and then remove any leftover bits using click here

stalion 21:00 21 Jan 05

If uninstalling manually be careful not to remove any dll's required by windows

Technotiger 21:00 21 Jan 05

Hi, probably the best way would be to uninstall it manually. In My Computer go to local disk C then to Program Files and look for any Folder/s with the name of the prog - Delete the folder. Then go to Start>All Programs> look to see if it is listed, if so highlight and delete. Finally do a Search (including Hidden files/folders) highlight any items found and Delete.

If he still has problems with it, then I am afraid that might be a Registry job, which I am not knowledgeable enough to help with - but I am sure others here are.

Good luck. Cheers.

alan227 21:06 21 Jan 05

Thanks for your answers.
I now how to uninstall it manually and how to clean up the registry.
I was looking for a free program that would save the time involved in cleaning it up.
But it looks like getting my hands dirty. LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…