Cannot transfer photos to laptop

Thereferee21 15:57 16 Oct 10

I used to be able to insert my C F card into my card reader and get several options of dealing with my photos.

I do not get that menu anymore. Any ideas please.

Thanks

Ian

john bunyan 16:03 16 Oct 10

Assuming the card and contents are visible in Windows explorer, simply copy from the card and paste the photos to the folder you select on the main PC.Don't forget to use the "Safely remove hardware" option when disconnecting.

Thereferee21 17:57 16 Oct 10

It says This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an associaton in the Set Asoociations control panel.

How do i do this?

john bunyan 18:12 16 Oct 10

Usually camera photos are saved in .jpg file format. Do you have photo viewing or editing programme? Can you also say what OS you use? (eg Picassa, Photoshop etc- You could use Paint if not.)

Thereferee21 19:08 16 Oct 10

Hi,

I use Photoshop elements 8 and Windows Vista this only went wrong two days ago. I used to get a drop down menu which allowed me to pick what program i wanted to use that is what has disappeared.

lotvic 19:15 16 Oct 10

Maybe you haven't set 'Autoplay' for the card reader drive

(this is for XP) With nothing in (have an empty slot) the card reader drive:
rightclick on My Computer > explore > in the righthand pane Rightclick on the CardReader drive letter > properties > in the window that opens click on 'Autoplay' tab and select each in turn from the dropdown menu and put dot in 'Prompt me each time to choose an action' Click on 'Apply' and 'OK'

Thereferee21 19:48 16 Oct 10

I have the menu back but still get the second comment i made so almost done but not quite.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…