Cannot stop pop-ups

loaders 17:58 23 Feb 08

No doubt through my own fault(I downloaded Limewire on the advice of a friend??)which I uninstalled virtually straight away.But despite on my Vista O/S having Norton 360 & Windows defender which both when I carry out a scan say everything is ok and I have no problems I am getting Web sites popping up every so often over whatever site I am on the internet.I have even iinstalled Ad-Aware and carried out a scan but this has not produced anything.
Any help to get rid of these pop up web sites would be appreciated.

VoG II 18:41 23 Feb 08
  sunny staines 18:53 23 Feb 08

once youve cleaned up with vog's SAS, install IE7Pro version 2.0 that will cut out ads on ie7, googletoolbar is also good at blocking popups i use both.

birdface 09:48 24 Feb 08

From another thread.it might help,Scroll down to last parts.click here

loaders 12:14 25 Feb 08

VoG,buteman Thanks for your suggestions but I tried both and unfortuneatly neither did not pick up any problems.
Looking at my list of programmes I find there are three which i do not recognize "FBrowsing Advisor" "context advisor" "MP3z" I don't know if these came with another programme.do you happen to know anything about them and could any one of them be the problem.I have not uninstalled them as I am not sure what they do?

rawprawn 12:21 25 Feb 08

Try this free online scan virus,etc
click here...
and this one for Trojans etc
click here

brundle 12:24 25 Feb 08

Remove the 3 programs you mentioned

rawprawn 12:24 25 Feb 08

I think FBrowseing advisor is the problem but I don't recognise the other 2(I think mp3z is an illegal music downloader, Googled)

loaders 12:41 25 Feb 08

rawprawn,brundle.
Many thanks for your prompt reply,I think Ihave exhausted the scan route .I will try removing the three programmes I mentioned as I think the fbrowsing may be the problem.I will let you know as soon as I return from my 3 day holiday which I am already late for.Thanks again for your suggestions.

loaders 16:04 01 Mar 08

Many thanks lads for your kind suggestions and help.I have unstalled the "fbrowsing ,mp3z,andcontext advisor"programs and it has done the trick,no more pop up ads.
not sure where they came from but I have a feeling Limewire may have been the culprit.Many thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…