Cannot stop application menu:

loquito 03:35 31 Oct 05

Cannot stop application menu:

Every time that my laptop is ready for work an application menu appears. I open ‘Task Manager’ to stop this application, it removes the application but a few seconds later the application menu appears again. This process repeats all the time so now I have to do my job with the non-desirable application menu on my screen.

Some ideas of how to stop this application menu appearing on my screen? I cannot remove the software because I use the software from time to time, but I want the menu appear to only when I want it by clicking the respective start icon.

B

Taff™ 06:38 31 Oct 05

What`s the application? Is it in your start menu?

loquito 08:22 31 Oct 05

The application is a dialing exe. It should appear only when the start icon is clicked. The icon is in the desktop windows together to Internet explorer and others. It is as the exe file was writing into a BAT file that initialize the process after the laptop is swhiched on.

l

Taff™ 08:53 31 Oct 05

Check if it is your start up folder (In XP - Start>All Programs>Start Up) and if so I suggest you delete it from there by right clicking. What does the dialler program do anyway? It may be better to uninstall it and re-install in case its not configured correctly.

loquito 14:34 02 Nov 05

I re-installed the software. The software is a netscape dial (local telephone dial)that work in the USA. I am in the USA now.

After re-installed the problem stop.

Thank you for the help.

B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…