cannot start window xp while installing

tcv 15:00 17 Nov 05

Hello all,

Goal: build a backup PC with XP Pro.

Problem: I got a Stop: 0x0000007B (0XF7C8163C,0XC0000034,0X00000000....) error on a blue screen while trying to install XP pro. The system stopped after loading bunches of drivers and such from the CD.

My config (all brand new from boxes):
Gigabyte 915pl (GA-8I915L-G) mobo
P4 2.66 MHZ
1GB PC3200 Patriot DDR 400
PCI Express X16 Radeon X600 Pro
160 GB WD EIDE HDD (IDE slot 1 with separate cable)
Emprex dvdrw/dvd-rom (IDE slot2 with separate cable)
500W ultra Xconnect power supply

What has been done:

HDD: First I thought my HDD did not get initialized so I used another XP Pro machine and fdisk/format (NTFS) the WD drive. It appeared to be in good heath as slave on other system. The Backup PC (i m trying to build) BIOS see the WD HDD ok.

Reset the jumper on the drive and made it Master for the backup PC. NO CHANGE same error.

The problem kept coming up WITH or WITHOUT the WD HDD "hooked up" to the cable. That's right I intentionally unhooked the drive to narrow down the possibility. So it is NOT the HDD that caused the problem.

DVD-ROM: It appeared to work correctly with one exception: My BIOS/CMOS did not see it at all..but it appeared trying to read and load bunch of drivers from the XP CD until the system tried to "start the window" from the blue screen.

When it is reading from the CD, it never asked me those "setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.and blah blah blah". It appeared to read and load bunch of drivers OK before it failed right after trying to "start window"

Memory: When boot up, memory test said its OK???? How can I check otherwise?

I went to this link
click here;en-us;324103
and the only there that seems to be applicable to me is RAID driver. I did not know if I should treat my ONLY main 160 GB drive as a RAID. Therefore I did not go through the F6 deal to load up driver for it. Should I? Dont forget I still get the SAME error WITH or W/O the drive hooked up to the IDE1 slot.

What else can I try ? Thanks

Skyver 15:10 17 Nov 05

Don't worry about hooking up RAID it just adds another variable. Check your memory with this click here

tcv 20:28 18 Nov 05

I swapped out memory stick, HDD and video card...the same error??

tcv 17:32 09 Dec 05

It is my mobo that requires RAID driver to enable the IDE2 and 3 slots (eventhough I dont have any need for RAID drives). W/O that slot enable (enable RAID H/W in BIOS did not do anything), my HDD cannot be seen and used when installing my XP.
You do need a floppy drive to do this as, after choosing F6 to install RAID driver while installing XP, it will ask for the driver from a floppy drive (the only source).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…