Cannot start my PC

EMM61 20:27 22 Dec 04

Imagine switching on the computer without a graphic card: - it gives continuous beeping. The problem is, that even with a graphic card installed it still seems as if there is none since the computer still beeps continuously. A new graphic card was tried but the problem still persisted. Do you think it’s the motherboard?

Technotiger 21:04 22 Dec 04

Hi, continuos beeping usually means either - No Power, or Loose Card, or a Short somewhere.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

Technotiger 21:13 22 Dec 04

Hi again - it might help others in this Forum if you give a bit more detail - ME/XP or ? - AGP slot or PCI ? Make of Graphics Card ? Cheers.

Technotiger 21:14 22 Dec 04

ooops - mobo details too, important.

EMM61 21:25 22 Dec 04

How can I start Windows 98SE from a startup disk? ((A:) floppy disk)

Technotiger 21:30 22 Dec 04

Hello again, switch off pc - put floppy into drive - switch on pc - follow on-screen instructions.

VoG II 21:52 22 Dec 04

Click the Contact Moderator button and ask him to delete your previous post.

Technotiger 21:54 22 Dec 04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your answer but if I have to start my system from the command prompt, what is the phrase I have to type?(From A:)

Don't type anything, just put floppy fully in and then switch on pc.

Self-sorted my previous boob!!

Technotiger 22:01 22 Dec 04

Hi again, I am surprised you have not yet come to the 'Rescue' here. I am a great admirer of yours..:-) of your *Knowledge* of course.

woodchip 22:13 22 Dec 04

If you can start with a Win98 floppy disc at A:\ type this

A:\>SCANREG /RESTORE press enter and choose a old date to put back, use the arrow keys and enter key

woodchip 22:23 22 Dec 04

So what did it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…