Cannot start MS XP Word/Excel/Powerpoint

Charlie Babbage 21:57 15 Nov 05

I have just re-installed MS Office XP following a hard disc failure. I'm running Windows XP Professional. I'm the only user and I am the Administrator.

I installed Office XP from the original set-up CD ROM and it seemed to instal OK. However, when I open Word, I get the following message:

'The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support. When the software was installed, you (or your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls'

I don't understand this because the standard set-up CD ROM for Office XP does not include an option not to install support for macros or controls.

I click the OK button on this error message about three times and then get a warning dialog box which states:

'Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application'

When I try to run Excel or Excel a similar warning dialog box appears.

If anyone knows what is causing this problem and how to solve it, this would be much appreciated

Diodorus Siculus 22:00 15 Nov 05

click here this may help

VoG II 22:02 15 Nov 05

click here

Try uninstalling, running click here then reinstalling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced