cannot sign on MSN Messenger HELP

chaztait 19:05 25 May 05

Hi i cannot seem to sing on to MSN Messenger, i can do it fine on my laptop but on my Desktop computer the only way i "somtimes" get on is by saying "always sign on as: Appear off Line" and that rarley works.

I have tries it with another MSN account and it still do not sing on.

Also i went to control panel and repaired it but that made no differance.

I am using MSN7 and it worked fine since i have had it till about a week ago and i am running Windoes XP Home SP2.

thank you

chaztait

TomG 19:08 25 May 05

I don't know if its any help but I've had problems with Messenger 7 since installation.

It keeps freezing, causes IE to crash, if I right click on it nothing happens and will not stop at shutdown. There is a download but I done that and it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Technotiger 19:18 25 May 05

Hi, perhaps if you re-install MSN Messenger 7?

I use it on my XP/sp2 without any problem signing in. Mine is set to sign me in as on-line.

Cheers.

Technotiger 19:20 25 May 05

or perhaps, if you start-up MSN Explorer first and then go to Messenger from the home-page.

chaztait 19:24 25 May 05

Reinstalled it but the same thing happens but my email alert pops up MSN dont sign in and when i click the email pop up i need to type my password in.

And sometimes when i click sing in whil its signing in it says cannot start conversation with (MSN Contacts Name) bacause they can see me online i think but i am still signing in and then it just goes back to sing in page

Technotiger 19:32 25 May 05

Sorry friend, but I am an Oldie and find it very difficult to understand your English.

Not meaning to be impolite.

Technotiger 19:49 25 May 05

Me again - just a thought, but have you tried a System Restore back a week or so, to when it was working ok?

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac