cannot sign into email account

westgolf 14:59 19 Jan 11

Hi everyone, I use tiscali as isp. 2 days ago I could sign into my email account , now I can get the home page - but when I attempt to sign into my email account it just keeps showing the logging on icon & goes nowhere, no matter how long I wait ? I have another computer & I can sign on - fine from that - what have I done (inadvertantly) ! Many Thanx.

GaT7 15:05 19 Jan 11

Similar problem here - their site has been very flakey the last few days.

Try clearing your Internet cache & Cookies, then try again. If you need help with this tell us your OS & browser. G

westgolf 09:47 20 Jan 11

Hi , thanx for this, OS is Vista & browser - latest IE.
Have tried as suggested & no change ?

cowgirl66 10:06 20 Jan 11

You could try checking if you have javascript enabled?

westgolf 11:35 20 Jan 11

Thanx , OK ? but would that not effect other web sites & email address that i have ? which work fine ?

cowgirl66 12:00 20 Jan 11

I don't think so, there are instructions on this webpage about login issues with TalkTalk which has now taken over Tiscali. See below

click here

westgolf 20:59 21 Jan 11

Thanx for this. I have now worked through all of the instructions given in the link & nothing has changed, any further ideas please ?

woodchip 21:50 21 Jan 11

It may use the same Server as I use Aol mail as it is connected to TalkTalk. And I just posted Message that I cannot connect

westgolf 18:55 23 Jan 11

I had an hour long chat with Talk-talk yesterday, we got nowhere, they said it was being worked on & I should phone back in 24 hours ! ... thats it .. ? still glad of any ideas pls ?? Thanx

muddypaws 15:45 24 Jan 11

westgolf
Had this trouble some weeks ago. After a week or so it suddenly accepted my detais. Today it wont, so will just keep trying again.

muddypaws 20:09 25 Jan 11

ACCESS TO 'MY ACCOUNT'.
I don't know if this helps anyone, but I have just spoken to TT on 08704441820 ( free call on a TT landline).
Apparently you have to set up new account details with TT if you were previously with Tiscali. The old details are not recognised.
The TT advisor set mine up whilst on the phone using my current email address and a temporary password. She said I would be able to access it from 1200 tomorrow and once into it to reset my password.
Pity no-one appears to have told us that!
Hope it works for you.
Will advise if I get in tomorrow.
mp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…