Cannot send emails.

Garden nome 18:54 PM 01 Dec 11

I use Outlook Express as my email Manager. Recently I find I can receive emails but cannot send them. I have gone to Tools/Send and receive but this does not cure the problem. Can anyone please offer me some advice? Many thanks, Garden Nome.

ICF 18:59 PM 01 Dec 11

What happens? What have you changed on your PC/Laptop? Have you check you ISP details ie username and password?

januski 19:05 PM 01 Dec 11

I've checked these.

As I said, I'm able to access my emails, it's just this error message that keeps appearing. I haven't made any changes to my computer.

Since posting my original message I tried my laptop and everything is OK there so it must be something to do with my desktop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 PM 01 Dec 11

Tools - accounts - properties - server

check the outgoing smtp settings are the same as those on your laptop.

ICF 19:24 PM 01 Dec 11

How come two different people are posting Garden nome & januski

januski 19:49 PM 01 Dec 11

Don't know what's happened with the posting mix up.

To update those trying to help me.

I went through all the settings to ensure everything was OK and nothing seems to be amiss. However, after all that trolling I deleted my email account and re-added it again. Everything now seems to be working as normal.

I've obviously done something and corrected it. Perhaps some information got corrupted and by re-entering again it's sorted itself out.

Thanks for the help.

Purple Sue 23:16 PM 24 Feb 12

Januski - hi - I have what seems to be the exact same problem. If you get this message - and before I totally bugger up my system! - when you say you 'deleted your account' - do you nmean you removed it from outlook then re-set it up?

I have an error message when I try to send - but the thing is the messageis still gettingthrou - several times - up to a dozen messages! My friends have been really patient with me - but I cannot send any emails until it is sorted.

email fine on laptop, and run all sorts of security on pc, all to no avail.

PurpleSue

Purple Sue 23:16 PM 24 Feb 12

Januski - hi - I have what seems to be the exact same problem. If you get this message - and before I totally bugger up my system! - when you say you 'deleted your account' - do you nmean you removed it from outlook then re-set it up?

I have an error message when I try to send - but the thing is the messageis still gettingthrou - several times - up to a dozen messages! My friends have been really patient with me - but I cannot send any emails until it is sorted.

email fine on laptop, and run all sorts of security on pc, all to no avail.

PurpleSue

Purple Sue 23:17 PM 24 Feb 12

(oops sorry posted twice)

januski 08:13 AM 25 Feb 12

In reply to your message, I use Windows Live Hotmail and in this instance I uninstalled it from my computer then downloaded it again from Microsoft and everything was OK after that. There must have been a corrupt file within the program.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone