Cannot send emails.

Garden nome 01 Dec 11

I use Outlook Express as my email Manager. Recently I find I can receive emails but cannot send them. I have gone to Tools/Send and receive but this does not cure the problem. Can anyone please offer me some advice? Many thanks, Garden Nome.

ICF 01 Dec 11

What happens? What have you changed on your PC/Laptop? Have you check you ISP details ie username and password?

januski 01 Dec 11

I've checked these.

As I said, I'm able to access my emails, it's just this error message that keeps appearing. I haven't made any changes to my computer.

Since posting my original message I tried my laptop and everything is OK there so it must be something to do with my desktop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 01 Dec 11

Tools - accounts - properties - server

check the outgoing smtp settings are the same as those on your laptop.

ICF 01 Dec 11

How come two different people are posting Garden nome & januski

januski 01 Dec 11

Don't know what's happened with the posting mix up.

To update those trying to help me.

I went through all the settings to ensure everything was OK and nothing seems to be amiss. However, after all that trolling I deleted my email account and re-added it again. Everything now seems to be working as normal.

I've obviously done something and corrected it. Perhaps some information got corrupted and by re-entering again it's sorted itself out.

Thanks for the help.

Purple Sue 24 Feb 12

Januski - hi - I have what seems to be the exact same problem. If you get this message - and before I totally bugger up my system! - when you say you 'deleted your account' - do you nmean you removed it from outlook then re-set it up?

I have an error message when I try to send - but the thing is the messageis still gettingthrou - several times - up to a dozen messages! My friends have been really patient with me - but I cannot send any emails until it is sorted.

email fine on laptop, and run all sorts of security on pc, all to no avail.

PurpleSue

Purple Sue 24 Feb 12

Januski - hi - I have what seems to be the exact same problem. If you get this message - and before I totally bugger up my system! - when you say you 'deleted your account' - do you nmean you removed it from outlook then re-set it up?

I have an error message when I try to send - but the thing is the messageis still gettingthrou - several times - up to a dozen messages! My friends have been really patient with me - but I cannot send any emails until it is sorted.

email fine on laptop, and run all sorts of security on pc, all to no avail.

PurpleSue

Purple Sue 24 Feb 12

(oops sorry posted twice)

januski 25 Feb 12

In reply to your message, I use Windows Live Hotmail and in this instance I uninstalled it from my computer then downloaded it again from Microsoft and everything was OK after that. There must have been a corrupt file within the program.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message