cannot send emails

kingussie 11:39 19 Jun 08

I get the following message when sending emails from abroad. My pc guru set up my server info for this situation but I need to access it and he is not available for help,,,,any ideas please

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: Sorry', Account: 'pop3.demon.co.uk (home)', Server: 'post.demon.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Demon SMTP service not available from 151.202.6.113', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

Taff™ 12:19 19 Jun 08

When sending messages from abroad you need to know the SMTP server for the ISP you are using. If you are in a hotel for example, they may tell you what that is for their Spanish ISP. The incoming POP3 server stays the same.

Option two is to use webmail to send replies but if your computer is not set to "Leave messages on the Server" whilst you`re temporarily abroad you won`t see them in webmail because they are now on your machine. (Hope that makes sense)

kingussie 13:36 19 Jun 08

I am in the states and logging on wirelessly so how would I get the servers SMPT. Apart from leaving message on server is there any other way?

Taff™ 14:30 19 Jun 08

Whose wireless access point are you using? You need to ask them if they can tell you. If not using webmail would be the only option as far as I know.

^wave^ 14:44 19 Jun 08

you will find that you cant send emaul from another isp try logging into mail via web mail it will then work

Taff™ 05:57 20 Jun 08

Beg to differ unless it`s different in the USA. I do it on a daily basis using either Pipex or PlusNet depending on my location. I have set this up to send and receive my personal and business e-mails both at home and in the office. This also works with my 3G card.

golfpro 09:10 20 Jun 08

Try setting up an email account with Yahoo.com. This is web mail and you can send and receive from anywhere, its also free to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…