cannot see PC Advisor in ie11

haighala 10:36 28 Apr 14

Hi, I am running win 7 and ie 11. I tried opening PC Advisor this morning and all I get is the cards all around the edge and a blank centre. This happens whether I follow the links in the news letter or browse to the site. I haven't been into ie settings and changed anything so it's not me. At the moment I am using Chrome to access the site but prefer ie as it's what I've always used and would like to make it work properly. Other sites still open correctly. Help Please.

Alan

bretsky 10:32 30 Apr 14

Hi, I know you posted this a couple of days ago but that's when I too had problems opening this site and I use Opera 12.16 as my main browser and occasionally IE 11 and just couldn't go anywhere on PCA, all other sites OK, now everything seems back to normal, so just a blip.

bretsky ;0)

haighala 14:48 30 Apr 14

hi Bretsky,

Tried again today and the site comes up then the cards again, but this time the centre isn't left blank, it has an advert for "Three" and there is also a "close" button now in the top right hand corner. I can now access the site properly thankfully as Chrome seems to take ages to navigate the site (like an old dial up modem).

Jock1e, I followed the link and it takes you off site to reuters and only repeats about the ie bug that has happened. I've got a lot of protection on my system and wasn't too worried about that avenue as all other sites were working fine, but thanks for the advice though.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:23 30 Apr 14

bretsky, the newer versions of Opera, using the Chromium kernel, are very much faster and offer better standards compliance, thus displaying pages better, than the old Opera 12. I am using Opera 22 Developer, pre-release but, stable and a major improvement on Opera 12.16.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac