Cannot See Files On Cd-Rw

bob's 23:49 08 Feb 04

I have a Cd-Rw and it is about half full.I copied across a file and it shows on the drive but everything else has vanished.I copied across another file and i could not see it on the drive.I tried to copy it again and it said that the file exists and asked if i wanted to overwrite it.What is going on?.
Thanks

hugh-265156 00:04 09 Feb 04

are you using nero?

if so click file/new/multisession and untick"replace files in compilation" and tick "add new files to compilation"

if using another brand of burning software use similar options ie/multisession.

also try opening the cdrw and click tools/folder options/view and untick "do not show hidden files and folders"

bob's 00:22 09 Feb 04

No i am not using Nero.I have Easy Cd and Dvd Creator installed and i was using Windows Explorer To Drag And Drop.I Clicked on Tools and then folder options and show hidden files and folders was checked

SirGalahad2004 00:26 09 Feb 04

click start <my computer>. on the drive you want click <properties> and see if you have burnt the image you wanted

bob's 00:45 09 Feb 04

I went to Properties and it says i have 265Mb used and 295Mb free.It is only showing one Prog on the disc. I tried to copy another file over and it cannot be seen either.I tried to copy it again and it says the folder already exists

hugh-265156 00:50 09 Feb 04

is it going thru the motions of burning the disc ok?

did you try unhiding the hidden files and folders?

are you burning as multisession?

bob's 00:57 09 Feb 04

Also i clicked search and named a file i knew was on that disc and it found it on that drive even thiugh i cannot see the file

bob's 01:06 09 Feb 04

When i searched and found the file it has appeared on the drive but the other one has vanished now

hugh-265156 01:09 09 Feb 04

ok try this.

go through the motions of burning a file but when you drag it accross to the drive in your burning software,before you burn it,right click the file to be written and choose properties and untick anything that says hide or hidden etc and try it.

accord 07:31 09 Feb 04

click here for Easy CD updates. You may need an updated version or a patch to cure this problem.

bob's 18:51 09 Feb 04

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.It is for the bin at this stage and i think i will use Nero from now on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…