Cannot see configuration page after router reset

Flopper 14:27 19 Oct 07

Because my wireless router connection keeps dropping with annoying regularity (ie, every few seconds) I took remedial action and made the problem worse.
I reset my wireless router using the 'factory default' button and now I cannot access the router configuration page via Internet Explorer. I
I have attached an RJ45 cable from the laptop to the wireless router but I am getting the message 'This Page Cannot Be Displayed' and despite resetting the router several, holding in the button in for the time required the message is the same.
Incidentally I get the same message when trying to access the router configuration page with a wired router so I am assuming the router is not faulty.
My setup is a bit unusual. I have a wired Netgear router for the 3 PCs in the house and I bought a wireless router for the 2 laptops but I bought a cable wireless router in error. The only way I could get the wireless router to work was to attach the wireless router to the wired router via an RJ45 cable and it was OK until recently.
I have just ordered a Netgear wireless router to replace the 2 routers but in the meantime is there anything I can do to rectify the situation?
Do I need to start from the very beginning and reset the wired router and then the wireless router or is the wired router irrelevant to the problem?

recap 15:52 19 Oct 07

I think you will have to reinstall the software again?

mgmcc 21:58 19 Oct 07

Your inability to access the wireless router may because the PC's network adapter hasn't got its IP address by DHCP from the router. Give it a fixed IP address in the same range and see if that lets you access.

There is no reason why you should have to replace the two existing routers with a wireless combined "Router & ADSL Modem" - running a "Cable/DSL" router subordinate to the main Modem/Router shouldn't present a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…