Cannot see chart lines in Excel

splinternet 15:03 27 Mar 07

I've created a chart in Excel with three series. I selected a line-type chart, but the lines are not displayed. I can see markers displayed correctly for each data value, but no lines joining them. What am I doing wrong?

avesnes 15:14 27 Mar 07

Try this:-
Click on the series on the chart
Right click
Click "Format Data Series"
Tab "Pattern" and ther should be various choices for "Lines" and "Markers"

splinternet 15:56 27 Mar 07

Avesnes - have already done that. The sample correctly shows the line - but it doesn't appear on the chart.

avesnes 16:05 27 Mar 07

Another thought - did you create the three series as a block? If so, manually delete each series from the chart dialogue box and manually add each series one by one.

splinternet 09:14 28 Mar 07

Not 100% sure what you mean by "...a block". I created each series separately within the same wizard dialog. I've deleted the series one by ome and recreated them, but it makes no difference - still no graph.

Woolwell 11:49 28 Mar 07

Which version of Excel are you using?
A scatter chart will produce the type of chart you describe. Are you sure that you haven't selected this? Right click on you chart and select chart type and see what happens with different charts. You can always undo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…