//some 3rd party need geo

Cannot run Word 97

bjantbear 17:00 10 May 03

Can someone help me?

I have been running Microsoft Office 97 with no problem for a long time and suddenly sometime this last week it started freezing in the middle of starting up and since then I have not been able to run Word 97. All the other parts of Office run ie. Excel etc.

What happens is that as the screen starts up I get a grey screen with the Word border round it and the status bar on the bottom and nothing else. The hourglass is there and will move but it will not turn to an arrow wherever I put it and does not do anything more than stay.

The only way that I can get out of it is to turn the computer off at the main switch, not the computer, and reboot the whole thing.

I have tried uninstalling Word and re-installing it and also my Window 98 SE operating system.When I did this it worked properly but when I tried the next time it froze again.

I do not want to have to reformat my drive if I can help it.

VoG™ 17:04 10 May 03

This is possibly to do with corruption of the default document template.

Do a search for NORMAL.DOT and rename it to ABNORMAL.DOT

The next time Word starts it will create a fresh NORMAL.DOT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…