Cannot run two device installations...

scoops 20:12 05 Jan 05

...You can only install one device at a time. Another device installation is underway, when it is finsished you can try this wizard again.

Have been getting the above message when trying to add new hardware. I am trying to add a Kodak digital camera but XP does not recognise it when i plug it in (USB-and yes the USB port is ok).

Does anyone have any ideas? I have no idea what the other installation is

howard60 21:03 05 Jan 05

some devices require that the software is installed before it is connected? Could this be your problem.

scoops 21:18 05 Jan 05

i have installed the software first before attaching the camera, but no joy. it would appear the XP thinks that it is already installing some other hardware.

scoops 13:35 07 Jan 05

surching the windows knowledge base for this error but can find nothing like it. have unistalled any other periphial hardware and still no luck, really not sure as what to try next, as at the moment it looks like I will not be able to add any hardware to the machine! HELP

howard60 19:48 07 Jan 05

try uninstalling everything to do with the camera etc. Then plug it in and see if it works without the software. My canon camera uses windows for its operation and the software supplied is for win98.

scoops 12:58 11 Jan 05

i have uninstalled everything to do with the camera, and have also uninstalled my printer, which I only added a day or so before. However it still doesnt plug and play, and i get the same hardwar message when i try and add it manually Argh!

Technotiger 13:11 11 Jan 05

Hi, this is just a thought, dunno if it would work, but - why not try a System Restore to before you installed your Printer and Camera, then try reinstalling camera then printer in that order. As I said, I dunno - but!

LANDCRUISER 13:22 11 Jan 05

try looking in services & see plug & play is started this may help

scoops 15:30 14 Jan 05

...and usb are working fine. The issue seems to be that XP believes that another piece of hardware is being installes, and so can not install anything else until it has finished.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…