Cannot run 4GB RAM with DFi LANPARTY SLI DR

Navarre666 15:05 15 Mar 06

I have a DFi Lanparty NF4 SLi-DR Motherboard. It can run with 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS3200 Pro RAM but when I try to run with 4 x 1GB of the same RAM it won't boot up. Can anybody help?

The processor I am running is an AMD64 3500 with 2 x 7800GT OC Graphics Cards running in SLi configuration.

The case is a Thermaltake watercooled Tai-Chi with a Thermaltake W0073 modular 520w PSU.

I am running 2 x 300GB Maxtor Maxline 3 Hard-drives placed into Vantec Vortex HDD coolers. I have listed the system in case it helps.

ed-0 15:38 15 Mar 06

They are lots of reasons why.

The major one will be the ram. If it is double sided ram, then the maximum the board will take is 2 X 1Gb modules.

If the ram is single sided then the motherboard can take 4 X 1Gb modules but you have to alter the memory timing in the bios. It has to be changed from 1T ( command per clock) to 2T. Also the memory voltage has to be altered to 2.8v.

Page 7 of manual

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…